Chewy Oat and Orange Fingers
Home-made treats are perfect for keeping you happy. These crunchy biscuits are amazing in terms of taste and nutritious value. The presence of porridge oats adds high level of carbohydrates, protein and fiber to this recipe that is excellent for physical development. Moreover, raisin flour acts as a beneficiary source of potassium and sodium. It is a wonderful recipe to be offered for lunch.
Ingredients: 75g butter, 75g sugar, 1Tbs. golden syrup, 100g self raisin flour, 100g porridge, oats, 1-2 Tbs. orange juice and zest.
1. You need to first pre-heat the oven to 170ºC.
2. Now take a small pan and add sugar, golden syrup and butter. Heat the mixture until the butter melts properly.
3. Take off the pan from the heat and now add oats, flour along with juice and zest with constant stirring.
4. Prepare dough using the mixture that needs to be left for cooling.
5. The final step is to divide the dough for preparing sausages which are approx. 10cm long 2 cm wide.
6. Bake the sausages for 10-15 minutes until they acquire a pale golden tint.
The recipe's method is not that complicated and can be tried today itself!