Do you know about India’s very own version of cheesecake? It’s Chhenapoda! Cottage cheese is wonderfully nutritious and healthy, as it is very low in calories but packed with protein, calcium, minerals and vitamins.
Ingredients: Milk- 2 litre,juice of 1 lemon,Sooji- 2 tblsp,Sugar- 1.5 cups,Cardamom powder- 1 tsp,Handful of fried cashews & raisins,Ghee/ butter- 2 tblsp
1. Boil the milk. Once boiling, add the lemon juice to curdle. The cheese will separate from the whey.
2. Hang the cheese for at least 1 hour till the whey is drained.
3. Transfer the cheese to a bowl. Add sooji, sugar, cardamom powder & knead well.
4. Add the fried cashews & raisins and 1tblsp ghee to it & again mix well.
5. Now make the sugar caramel. Add 1tblsp butter to a heated pan. Now add ½ cup of sugar to it. When the sugar starts melting and turns red, pour the caramel sauce into a greased pan.
6. Pour the cheese mixture into the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Cool and serve.
Go ahead and indulge without any guilt!