Chicken and Leek Pie
This delicious Chicken and Leek Pie is a tender recipe. The creamy texture of this dish is its main asset that will lure to chuck a big bite. Chicken and Leek Pie is a winter meal which consists of chicken breast that is high on protein and potassium. Leek is another healthy ingredient of this recipe which is rich in Vitamin K, A, calcium, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Count this recipe suitable for serving during the lunchtime.
Ingredients: 1 Tbs. olive oil, Butter, 750g chicken breast, chopped, 2 medium leeks, washed and sliced, Plain flour, Pure cream, 1 egg, beaten, Parsley, finely chopped.
1. Firstly, the oven needs to be preheated at 200°C/180°C.
2. Take a deep frying pan and add butter while keeping it on medium flame.
3. To the pan add chicken and heat it for at least 6 minutes.
4. When the chicken turns brown, then add parsley and leek. Cook the content for 5 more minutes.
5. Now add flour and cook the content for 1 minute.
6. The next step involves the addition of cream, after which the pan needs to be removed from the flame.
7. The concluding move is to fill pie tins with the chicken mixture. You can use beaten egg for brushing the edges. Use puff pastry for covering the tin. Bake for 30 minutes until a golden layer is formed.
It is a delicious treat which can be practiced right now!