Chocolate Burfi is a sweet dish that can be easily prepared at home. The preparation is not much of a hassle and involves ingredients such as mawa or khoya which is rich in fats, carbohydrates, protein and calcium. Moreover, cardamom is also used which offers iron, Vitamin C and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2.5 cups of crumbled mawa, ¾ cup sugar, 1 tsp rose water, 1/8 cardamom powder, 1 tsp cocoa powder, drops of coconut oil.
1. You need to first defrost the khoya at room temperature. Crumble it smoothly and add it to a nonstick pan.
2. Heat it on low flame and make sure to constantly stir.
3. Let the khoya get warm. Add sugar, rose water and cardamom powder.
4. The sugar will melt and the content will turn into a halwa like consistency.
5. Cook it further and allow it to become thick.
6. Cool down the content and later divide it into two parts. Knead one of them to form dough. Shape it into square shape on the greased foil.
7. Now, add cocoa to the other part and knead gently with palms till the dough appears soft.
8. Place the cocoa dough over the first layer and add some nuts.
9. Freeze it for 10 min. Cut the chocolate burfi in whatever shape you want.
Try this recipe today and share it with your family & friends.