Chocolate Gujiyas For Your Moody Child
Chocolate Gujiyas are sweet dumplings made of maida, filled with a mixture of khoya and chocolate chips, deep fried in ghee/oil, and finally topped with freshly made chocolate syrup.
It contains khoya, which is rich in proteins, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, iron, and phosphorus. Cocoa and chocolate contain a large number of antioxidants and are a sure-fire way to attract anyone.
For the dough: 1 cup maida, 3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter), salt to taste, and 1 cup water.
For the filling: 2 cups mawa (khoya), 2 cups sugar, pinch of cardamom powder, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and oil or ghee to deep fry.
For Garnishing: 250 gm fresh cream, 250 gm fine chocolate, and 50 gm cardamoms.
1. In a bowl, mix maida, ghee, salt, and water to make the dough. Add water slowly to make it hard and leave it for half an hour.
2. In a pan, cook mawa (khoya) till it turns slightly brown, add sugar and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. then add cardamom powder and let it cool.
3. When the mixture cools, add chocolate chips to it and mix well.
4. Now take a small piece of dough and roll it into small pooris. Place this on gujiya mold and add the khoya filling. Close the gujiya mold and remove extra dough.
5. With some water, seal the edges and fold them inwards with the help of a fork. Make similar dumplings and deep fry in ghee or oil until it is Golden Brown.
6. Meanwhile, take a bowl full of fine chocolate, add some fresh cream, cardamoms, and microwave it for 2 minutes at the lowest temperature, keep stirring every 30 seconds.
7. When Gujiya is fried, pour this chocolate syrup and serve.