Custard Apple Kheer
Deliciously smooth and creamy, this Custard Apple Kheer is one of the most comforting desserts.
Ingredients: 5 large custard apples, 100 g jaggery, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 cup broken green gram (roasted), 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp almond flakes, 1 tbsp pistachio flakes, 3-4 cups water.
1. Wash & peel the custard apples. Separate the seeds and pulp.
2. Refrigerate the pulp for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a pressure cooker, put the roasted green gram and add 3 cups water. Cook until it is soft or for 3 whistles.
4. In a non-stick pan add jaggery and cardamom powder and cook until the jaggery melts.
5. Add the cooked green gram & custard apples pulp and mix well. Now, add coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
Garnish with nuts serve chilled.