Eggless Butter Cookies
Are you fond of cookies? Then this is a recipe you must try! These cookies are made with wheat flour, which provides fibre as well as carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 4 to 5 green cardamoms (only seeds), 100 grams chilled cold unsalted butter, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder, 2 to 3 tablespoon milk, 3 tablespoon curd, ½ cup sugar
1. In a grinder, grind 1/2 cup sugar and green cardamoms seeds to a fine powder.
2. Mix flour and baking powder. Add chilled butter. Mix with your fingertips till you get a breadcrumb-like texture.
3. Add the powdered sugar and nutmeg powder. Mix and add yogurt. Lightly mix and then add milk. Make a dough and keep covered in a bowl, in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/356 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Roll the dough to a thickness of 0.50 cms. Cut out cookies and place in a baking tray. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes till the cookies are light golden. Cool and serve.
Trust us, you will love these – so bake a batch immediately!