Eggless Caramel Bread Pudding
All kids have a sweet tooth, and we’re sure your darling is no exception! That’s why we have for you a delectable bread pudding recipe! This dessert is healthy too as it is rich in calcium and carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 4 slices bread cubed, 1.5 cups milk, 4 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ½ teaspoon vanilla essence. For preparing caramel: 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon water
1. In a pan, take milk, sugar and corn starch. Stir and heat on a low flame.
2. Once the milk has become hot, remove the pan from fire. Add the bread cubes to the milk and mash them well. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
3. In another pan take 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp water. Melt the sugar and keep stirring till the caramel turns a light brown. Tilt the pan so that the base is evenly coated with caramel.
4. On top, pour in the mashed bread and milk mixture.
5. Cover with an aluminium foil. Steam in a water bath on a medium flame for 25 to 30 minutes till the caramel bread pudding is set. Cool, slice and serve.
Simple and scrumptious! Make it today!