Gujarati Dal !
Are you on the lookout for a unique dal recipe? We have one right here! Dal is packed with protein which is vital for the body.
Ingredients: 1 cup arhar dal, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds, 6 to 7 curry leaves, 2 cloves, 1" piece cinnamon, 1 bayleaf, 1/4 tsp hing, 4 to 5 kokum , soaked in water, 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp grated jaggery, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1” piece grated ginger, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste
1. Add 2 cups of water to the dal and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Cool and blend to a smooth mixture.
2. Heat the ghee and oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Add the fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, cloves, cinnamon, bayleaf, and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
4. Add 1½ cups of water, kokum, tomatoes, jaggery, lemon juice, ginger, and turmeric powder.
5. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring continuously. Serve hot.
You will love this scrumptious dal, so make it right away!