Hari Broccoli Soup
Soups may sound boring, but when done the right way can get everyone licking his spoon!
Ingredients: 3 cups broccoli (chopped), 1 potato (chopped), onion (roughly chopped), ½ capsicum (chopped), 3-4 garlic cloves, 1 spring cilantro, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, salt to taste, 1tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, 2-3 tbsp fresh cream, 3 cups water.
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and add chopped onions, garlic, capsicum, potato, cilantro, and broccoli.
2. Sauté for a couple of minutes and add flour. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of water and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Switch off and let it cool a bit. Blend it till smooth.
5. Return the pureed soup to the soup pot. Add the remaining water and bring it to boil.
6. Add salt, pepper powder, and cumin powder.
7. Adjust consistency and seasonings according to your taste.
8. Finally, add fresh cream and serve.
Phew! That was one long list but trust me, this would be perfect snack when hunger strikes.