Healthy And Tasty Peas Dhokla
Dhokla, a famous Guajrati specialty can be made tastier and protein rich by adding green peas. Green Peas dhokla is easier to steam and needs less oil as well.
Ingredients: 1 cup raw green peas, 1 cup besan, 2 tsp green chilli-ginger paste, sugar, salt, 1 tsp fruit salt (unflavoured eno), 1 tsp water, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp hing and some curry leaves.
1. Mash raw green peas in a mixer using as little water as possible.
2. Mix 1 cup besan with mashed peas. Add 2 tsp green chilli-ginger paste, sugar, and salt to taste. Mix well in the food processor.
3. Get the steamer ready by getting the water boiling.
4. Grease a steel plate that can be used for preparing the dhokla.
5. Add fruit salt and water to the batter and whisk well.
6. Pour in the greased plate immediately. Cover and cook in the steamer for 20 minutes.
7. Remove, cool and cut the dhokla.
8. Prepare a tempering with oil, mustard seeds, hing and some curry leaves. Pour over the dhokla.
Your Green Peas Dhokla is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander, grated coconut and serve.