Homemade Baked Beans
Homemade baked beans are always better than canned ones. They are high in carbohydrates, fibre, proteins and are good source of many micronutrients like iron, zinc, mangnesium, etc. You can enjoy them in wraps, burgers, sandwiches or with chapati and rice.
Ingredients- 1 onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 tomato, 1 carrot, 2 cups of boiled beans, 1 tsp maple syrup, 2 tsp olive oil, salt to taste
1. First of all, chop onion and garlic and grate a carrot.
2. Then, make a smooth paste of tomato in a blender.
3. Heat oil in a fry-pan over medium heat.
4. Add onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
5. Stir through tomato paste for another minute.
6. Now, add maple syrup , little salt and beans.
7. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
8. To add creaminess, take out a quater of mixture and mash with the back of a spoon. Put this in and stir through.
Water can be added as required.
Your homemade baked beans are ready to serve.