Irresistible Apple Crisp
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Iron rich and easily digestible, this apple crisp is a great way to end a meal with something sweet.
Ingredients: 4 cups of peeled and sliced apples, 1 cup sliced strawberries, ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 cup maida, 1 cup oats, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, and ½ cup butter
1. Mix together apples, sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Toss and keep aside.
2. In a separate bowl take maida, oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Add butter and mix to make it crumbly.
4. Take a baking dish and put ½ of the flour mixture and press down to make a pastry base. Spread the apple mixture over it and cover it with the rest of the flour mix.
5. Bake for 45 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees.
6. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
7. Cut out a slice and serve it with a topping of vanilla ice-cream.