Kiddy Veggie Idli
These healthy and tasty idlis are incredibly soft and the vegetables in it makes a complete meal. It can be served any time of the day.
Ingredients: 1 cup par-boiled rice, 2 tbsp urad dal, ¼ cup coconut milk, ½ cup grated carrots, ½ cup chopped onions, ¼ cup grated cabbage, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp grated coconut, and salt to taste.
1. Wash par-boiled rice and urad dal. Soak for 2 hours.
2. Drain, add coconut milk and blend to form a smooth paste.
3. Put the mixture in a big bowl and mix in carrots, onions, cabbage, cumin seeds, coconut, and salt to taste. Mix well and keep aside for 3-4 hrs.
4. Pour the batter in an idli mould and steam for 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove and cool.
6. Serve with sambar or chutney.