Lovely Himachali Potato Curry - Aloo Palda
Potatoes are generally loved by kids in all forms. Here we have for you a lovely Himachali potato curry cooked in a curd gravy. Potatoes are loaded with vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, magnesium and antioxidants.
Ingredients: 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into finger fries, 3 green cardamoms, 2 tablespoons raw rice, 1 Pinch hing, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 5 -6 cloves, 1 strip of cinnamon bark, 1 black cardamom, 1 cup onions sliced, 6 cups of yogurt whisked, 2 tablespoons of ghee
1. Grind raw rice and green cardamoms with a little water and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee. Add black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, hing and cumin seeds. Saute for a minute and add the sliced onions.
3. Add coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Add the potatoes and mix well.
4. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes till potatoes are almost cooked.
5. Mix the ground rice with the whisked yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to potatoes and keep stirring on medium heat till the gravy comes to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes and then serve it.
This is a yummy preparation that will go equally well with rotis or rice!