If you want to try out a new dessert for your child, try Malpua. It’s a healthy sweet for your child as it contains the goodness of khoya, sugar, and dry fruits like almonds. These ingredients provide the much needed protein, fibre, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
For the Malpua batter: 1 cup maida, 1 cup grated khoya, 1.5 cup warm water.
For the Malpua filling: 10 pistas - blanched and cut into thin pieces, 8 almonds - blanched and cut into thin pieces, few saffron strands, and 6 tbsp ghee.
For sugar syrup: Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water and bring to boil until the sugar melts.
1. Mix water and maida to form a smooth lump-less batter. Now, mix Khoya with a little water to form a thick batter.
2. Mix khoya and flour batter together and ensure it is thick and lump-less.
3. Melt ghee in a pan and keep on low heat for a while. Take a tbsp of khoya and flour batter and turn it in the hot ghee in circular motion. Repeat with 2-3 more tbsp batter in similar way. Deep fry these Malpuas on both sides until the edges turn light red.
4. Dip the malpuas in sugar syrup and remove them after five minutes.
5. Garnish with almonds, pista, and saffron strands.