Malted cereals are made from combining the highly nutritious rice, ragi and dal. Ragi is a rich source of dietary fibre, calcium, iron, Vitamin C, antioxidants, etc. and hence boost bone health, aid digestive system and prevents anaemia in babies. Rice provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, niacin, Vitamin D, calcium, iron, thiamine and riboflavin. Moong dal is rich in manganese, potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, zinc, B Vitamins, protein and dietary fibre.
Ingredients: ½ cup washed rice, ½ cup washed ragi, ½ cup moong dal
1. Soak the rice, dal and ragi in water overnight.
2. Next morning, drain the water and hang the cereals in a muslin cloth in a warm place.
3. Sprinkle water on the cereals and allows them to sprout. This usually takes about 48 hours.
4. Once the cereals have sprouted, dry roast each cereal separately.
5. Use a sieve to remove the husks. Put the cereals into a blender and grind into a fine powder.
Malted cereal is a ready. Add this powder to your baby’s purees, soups or milk to increase the nutrition value of the food.