Mini Banana Idli
Make tiny idlis enriched with bananas with this recipe. These idlis as they are highly nutritious as they are made using urad dal and bananas. While urad dal is known to be rich in protein and Vitamin B, bananas are rich in Vitamin B6, riboflavin, niacin, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium and potassium, making these idlis highly nutritious.
Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas, 1 cup split urad dal, handful of poha, ½ cup coconut milk, 2 cups rice, 2 tbsp. ghee
1. Soak the rice and dal for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water, but save a little for grinding.
3. Grind the urad dal till you get a smooth batter.
4. Next, grind the rice and make a smooth batter.
5. Mix both the batters into a bowl. Add salt into the batter and leave overnight for fermentation.
6. Mash the bananas and add into the batter. Add the coconut milk into the batter.
7. Heat the steamer, grease your idli moulds, pour the batter and cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. Take out the idlis and serve them warm.
Easy, isn’t it? Try out this recipe today!