Mini Idli Sambhar
Idlis are a very healthy dish as they are steamed. This mini idli sambar recipe is sure to be a hit, as it's loaded with carbs and also light on the tummy!
For idli: Idli dosa batter- 2 cups, Water & salt- add only if needed;
For sambar: Toor dal - 1/2 cup, Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp, Hing – 2 pinches, Tomatoes - 3 chopped; To roast & grind: Cooking oil - 1 tsp, Coriander seeds - 2 tsp, Chana dal - 1 tbsp, Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp; To saute in oil: Cooking oil - 1 tbsp, Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp, Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp, Hing - few pinches, Small onions - 10 nos, Curry leaves – few, Sambar powder - 1/2 tsp, Salt & water - as needed
1. Pressure cook toor dal adding turmeric powder, hing, tomatoes. Cook for one whistle on a very low flame adding 2 cups of water.
2. Heat oil and roast all the ingredients under “to roast and grind” on medium flame till the dals turn golden. Grind to a powder and mix with the cooked dal.
3. Heat oil and temper mustard, cumin. Saute small onions, curry leaves. Add a cup of water, sambar powder, salt, turmeric powder, hing and cook the onions well.
4. Add the dal to the sambar. Simmer for few minutes.
5. Grease a mini idli stand with oil and spoon in the batter. Steam for 10 minutes till they are done. Serve with hot sambar.
Try this wonderful dish today!