Are you a dessert lover? We have the perfect recipe for you! The rice in this dish provides valuable carbohydrates and milk provides proteins.
Ingredients: Raw Rice - 1 cup, Moong Dal - 1/4 cup, Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp, Milk - 2 cups, Water - 2 cups, Salt - a pinch, Ghee - 1 tbsp, Cashews - 6
1. Wash and drain the rice.
2. In a pressure cooker, dry roast the moong dal for a couple of minutes. Add the rice to this along with water and 1 cup of milk. Pressure cook on medium flame for 3 whistles.
3. After the pressure releases, open the cooker. Mix the pongal with a ladle so that it gets partially mashed up.
4. Add the remaining 1 cup of milk, salt and grated coconut. Continue to cook till the milk is absorbed and then switch off.
5. Heat the ghee in a small pan and roast the cashews till golden brown.
6. Garnish the pongal with the roasted cashews and ghee.
A delectable dessert for sure! Surprise with this today!