This is a classic main course recipe. Palak Chole can be prepared at home without any hassle. Palak or Spinach is a wonderful source of Vitamin A, iron and Vitamin C. Moreover, chickpeas is the other prime element which offers Vitamin B-6, calcium and carbohydrates. This recipe can be offered during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: 5 cups chopped spinach, 1 cup dried white chickpeas, 1 large tomato, 2 cups water, 3-4 tbsp oil, amchur powder, 1 tsp kasuri methi, salt, 3 cloves, 2 green cardamom, garlic cloves and 1 tej patta.
1. You need to first soak the dried white chana overnight for 7-8 hours.
2. Now, drain and add 3-4 cups of water and chickpeas to a pressure cooker. Add ¼ tbsp salt.
3. Pressure cook the chickpeas utill they are cooked.
4. Prepare onion paste with ginger, garlic and green chilies. Moreover, also prepare the tomato puree.
5. Rinse palak and later chop them off after draining. Also drain the cooked chole and keep it aside.
6. Take a pan and heat oil. Add all the whole spices.
7. To this add onion paste and saute it well.
8. Add tomato puree and all the spice powders.
9. To this add palak and salt. Saute the content for 3-4 minutes.
10. Add cooked chole and stir the content. Pour 2 cups of water.
11. Simmer the flame and wait for the content to get thick.
12. Finally add crushed kasuri methi and simmer for 2 min.
Try this recipe today.