Did you know that guavas can be cooked too? Yes – they can be used to make a very tasty dish, called Peruchi Bhaji. Guavas are a wonderful fruit rich in vitamin C, fiber, and health-benefiting phyto-nutrients.
Ingredients: Ripe guavas- 2 large,Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp,Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp,Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp,Oil- 2 tsps,Salt to taste,Groundnut powder- 2 tsps,Roasted and powdered sesame seeds- 2 tsps,Grated jaggery- 1/2 tsp,Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Scoop out the guava cores with seeds. Chop the remaining guavas.
2. Heat oil in pan. Crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add asafoetida and turmeric powder. Stir for some time.
3. Add chopped guavas, jaggery and salt. Mix well.
4. Add 3 - 4 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
5. Add the groundnut powder & sesame powder and mix.
6. Cook for a few more minutes, turn off the heat and serve warm with roti.
This is a tongue-tickling dish, so go out and buy those guavas today!