Protein Rich Moong Dal Soup
Moong Dal is the best available choice if you are looking at increasing your protein intake. This high protein cereal can be made into a soothing soup that will help in recovering from cold and congestion.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup of moong dal, ½ tsp ghee, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp freshly grated ginger, ½ cup of chopped mixed vegetables (carrot, spinach, pumpkin etc.), 2 cups of water.
1. Wash and soak moong dal for 10-20 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a cooker and add cumin seeds.
3. Add freshly grated ginger and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add soaked moong dal. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mixed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add water and close the lid, cook for 2 whistles.
7. Open the lid, stir and boil again for 1-2 minutes to get the right consistency.
8. Blend into a smooth paste and serve warm.
This soup is great for anytime of the day!