Steaming is one of the healthiest ways of cooking as you require very little fat and all the nutrients are retained. Here’s a wonderful ragi idiyappam recipe that you will love!
Ingredients: Ragi Flour - 1 cup, Rice Flour - 1/4 cup, Salt to taste, Hot Water- 2 cups, Oil - 1 tsp
1. Take ragi flour in a kadai and roast it for 5 mins. Add in rice flour and salt and mix well.
2. Pour hot water over it and mix well. Once it starts to come together, cover the bowl with a lid and let it sit for 15 mins.
3. After 15 mins, add a tsp of oil. Form it into a soft dough.
4. Now take your string hopper maker and fill it with the dough. Spin the string maker so that you will get the dough as threads over it.
5. Steam for 8 to 10 mins. Remove and serve with chutney or tomato curry.
Try out this recipe and enjoy without any guilt!