Ragi or finger millets is a rich source of carbohydrates, protein, calcium, iron, amino acids, niacin, thiamine and riboflavin. Ragi khichu offers all the nutritional benefits of ragi to your baby and is easy to make.
Ingredients: 4-5 tbsp. ragi flour, 4-5 tbsp. curd, ¼ tsp. cumin seeds, ¼ tsp. grated ginger, 1/5 tsp. hing, a pinch of chilli powder, ¼ tsp. chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. In a tadka pan, splutter cumin seeds in ghee. Add ginger and hing and turn off the flame.
2. In a bowl, beat water and curd together to form a smooth solution.
3. Heat this curd solution in a pan and cook it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix ragi flour, salt, chilli powder with 4-5 tbsp. water to make a smooth, lump free paste.
5. Add this paste to the pan on stove and cook for about 5 minutes to ensure cooking of the ragi flour.
6. Next add coriander, mix well and turn off the heat.
Use this recipe to prepare this nutritious meal for your little one today!