Ragi Porridge for Toddlers
Ragi Porridge or Ragi Ganji is nutritious and provides a good dose of nutrients when consumed regularly. It strengthens the bones, teeth, and improves overall health. Ragi Porridge can be made in many ways - each variation is given a different name in different regions namely Ragi Ganji, Ragi Java, and Ragi Seri. This is good for babies as well as toddlers.
Ingredients: 3-4 tbsp ragi flour, 1 cup of milk, and organic jaggery or palm sugar as needed.
1. If you are using jaggery, add it to water, stir until it melts and then filter it.
2. Heat a pan and dry roast the ragi flour to break the lumps.
3. Add the filtered jaggery water.
4. Cook on a medium to low flame until it thickens.
5. Cool it to room temperature.
6. Add milk as needed to bring it to the consistency your kid loves to have. Serve immediately. Note: If baby is less than 12 months, add water instead of milk. If you have excess breastmilk, you can mix bm with the porridge just before feeding. Do not heat the breastmilk.