Shahi Potato Halwa
If you want to try out a new dessert for your child, try this. It is a healthy sweet for your child as it contains almond powder, cardamom powder and potatoes. Potatoes are rich in protein, iron, carbohydrates and vitamin B6 which helps in the development of brain cell and the nervous system.
Ingredients: 3 medium-sized potatoes boiled, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tbsp ghee, 3-4 green cardamom powder, 1 tbsp almond powder and for garnishing
1. Remove the outer green cover of the cardamom powder and grind them in the mix, keep this aside.
2. Peel off the boiled potatoes and grate/mash them.
3. Now, heat ghee in a non-stick wok and add mashed potatoes in it.
4. Cook till they get roasted properly, it takes 10-15 minutes. Do not forget to stir occasionally.
5. Add sugar and mix it well. Cook the potatoes for another five minutes on low flame.
6. Add cardamom powder and almond powder. Mix it well and turn off the Heat.
Yummy potato halwa is ready to serve. The more ghee you add, the tastier the halwa will be! Garnish with chopped almonds.