Soft Vegetable Yummy Pulao
This is a wholesome dish for everyone as it has carbohydrates, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and antioxidant, mineral. Cauliflower is a great source of dietary fiber, omega-3 and fatty acids.
Ingredients: 1 cup regular rice (soaked In water for 30 minutes), 1 small potato chopped in small cubes, ½ cup fresh peas, ½ carrot finely chopped, 1 small chopped onion, 2-3 pieces of cauliflower, 1 small bay leaf, ½ tsp coriander power, ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ghee, 3 cups of water/vegetable stock.
1. Take a pressure cooker, heat up it on the gas top, add ghee in it.
2. When ghee heats up properly, add bay leaf in it, chopped onion and saute till it gets soft.
3. Add potato cubes, carrot, small pieces of cauliflower and peas, saute in the cooker 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Season with cumin, coriander and turmeric powder. Mix all spices well.
5. Add 3 cups of vegetable stock or water in it, drain water from the rice and add it in the pressure cooker.
6. Close the cooker lid and allow it to cook till 2 whistles on low medium heat. Later, switch off the gas and allow it to cool down completely.
7. Open the lid and remove the bay leaf from it.
Make it for lunch today!