Sweet Apple Rice
It is important to have the right food when you are suffering from flu, congestion or cold. Apple Rice is the perfect meal for your ailing toddler and yourself.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp white rice, 1 cup water, 1 medium apple, ½ tsp sugar, a pinch of salt and, a pinch of cinnamon powder.
1. Soak white rice in water for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the rice in a pressure cooker with 1 cup water for 1 whistle.
3. Mash the rice lightly after the cooker cools down.
4. Add apple, peeled and grated.
5. Stir and add little more water and pressure cook for another whistle.
6. When the pressure is released, open cooker and add sugar, a pinch of salt and, a pinch of cinnamon powder.
Mash and serve warm.