Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Treat this delicious dish by preparing sweet potato and carrot soup. Besides being a delicious dish, this soup is highly nutritious too as it is made using sweet potato and carrots. While sweet potatoes provide phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, niacin, dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, copper, manganese, Vitamin C and Vitamin A; carrots offer potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, dietary fibre, manganese, folate, Vitamin B6, niacin and thiamine.
Ingredients: 1 sweet potato, 2-3 carrots, half an onion, 2-3 black pepper corns, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 1-2 cloves, 2 tsp. olive oil, salt.
1. Chop the sweet potatoes and carrots into small pieces. Chop the onion finely and set aside.
2. Grind the cumin seeds, cloves and pepper corns into a fine powder.
3. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add the spice powder. Next, add the onions and sauté them till they are golden.
4. Add the chopped carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add salt, mix well and pour a cup of water. Cover the lid and cook on medium flame till you get 1 whistle.
6. Switch off the flame after the second whistle. On cooling, blend the mixture in the cooker into a smooth puree.
Treat this delicious soup by preparing at home today using this recipe!