Tortilla Pierogies is a wonderful breakfast recipe which you would love. The preparation & cooking time is not that hefty which makes the whole process quite manageable. Moreover, the presence of potatoes adds carbohydrates, Vitamin C and Vitamin B-6. Spinach is also a prime ingredient which is rich in magnesium, Vitamin A and calcium.
Ingredients: 2 small potatoes, 2 tsp. vegetable oil, 1 small onion, 1 cup spinach, 1tsp vegan margarine, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 2 small flour tortillas, 2 tbsp, Tofutti sour cream, ¼ tsp white truffle oil, salt, pepper and chives.
1. You need to place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring it to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 15 min.
2. Take a frying pan and heat 1 tsp vegetable oil. All onions and sauté it well. Now, add spinach and sauté it for another minute. Set aside.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. To this add yeast and margarine. Mash the potatoes to add salt & pepper.
4. In another small bowl mix Tofutti sour cream and truffle oil. Keep it separate.
5. Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the mashed potatoes mixture while leaving some space near the edges. Now, repeat the same with onion/spinach mixture. Top with the other tortilla.
6. Take a frying pan and add 1 tsp oil. Add the tortilla and cook for a minute until it turns brown. Carefully turn the tortilla and brown the other side.
7. Take a sharp knife to slice it into 4 pieces.
A marvelous recipe which should be tried right away!