Try some delectable Vazhuthananga Pollichathu. Brinjals are low in calories and high in antioxidants and fibre, so try to have them at least once a week.
Ingredients: Brinjal- 1,Onion -3 ,Ginger-1 inch piece,Garlic-2 pods,Curry leaves- 8-10,Turmeric powder-1/2tsp,Tomato-1 ,Salt – to taste,Coconut milk-1/4 cup,Oil- for frying For Marination: Turmeric powder-1/4tsp,Salt-to taste
1. Cut the brinjal lengthwise. Marinate with turmeric powder and salt for 1 hour.
2. Make a paste of ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
3. Heat a pan. Sauté onions. Add the paste and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomato and salt. Sauté till the tomatoes are done.
5. Add coconut milk. Mix well and remove from the heat.
6. Shallow fry the marinated brinjal pieces.
7. Put some onion gravy in a piece of aluminium foil, put in a piece of fried brinjal, top it with another portion of the gravy, and wrap. Repeat with the rest of the pieces.
8. Heat a non-stick pan. Cook the banana wraps on a low flame for about 20 minutes.
Make this unusual and tasty brinjal dish today!