Vegetable Barley Soup
This is a unique recipe which is healthy and tasty to satisfy the taste buds. The presence of barley makes the recipe rich in carbohydrates, iron, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium. Carrot is the other prime ingredient that adds Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Serve this dish either during lunch or dinner time.
Ingredients: 2 quarts vegetable broth, 1 cup uncooked barley, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp white sugar, 2 large carrots, 1 tsp salt, 2 stalks celery, ½ tsp ground black pepper, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1tsp curry powder, 1 zucchini, 1 can garbanzo beans, 1 tsp paprika, 1 onion, 3 bay leaves.
1. You need to pour the vegetable broth in a large pot.
2. Now, add carrots, barley, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, onion, bay leaves and garbanzo beans.
3. Season the content with garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar, curry powder, parsley and paprika.
4. Bring the content to a boil and cover it over medium flame for 90 minutes.
5. The soup will be thick. You can adjust the consistency by adding more broth.
Remove bay leaves and serve. Try making it right now!