Vegetable Frittata is a delicious and nutritious homemade recipe. The preparation time is not hefty and you can successfully make this dish using basic ingredients. Eggs are present in the dish which offers Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12 and protein. Moreover, cheese adds up to offer Vitamin A, calcium, iron and sodium. This dish can be served during lunch or breakfast.
Ingredients: 3 large eggs, plus 3 egg whites, ¾ cup reduced fat cottage cheese, 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1 medium onion, 1-16 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, 1 scant tsp paprika, 4 sliced multigrain bread.
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees. Whisk the whole eggs and whites in a bowl.
2. Add cottage cheese and whisk it until it’s smooth.
3. Whisk further and add rosemary.
4. Next step is to cook the garlic in the olive oil. Wait for it to turn brown. Add onion and season with salt. Cook for atleast 2 min.
5. Now add vegetables and increase the flame.
6. Cook for 5 min and later reduce the flame. Wait for a thin crust to form at the bottom. Use a rubber spatula around the edge to release the egg from the pan.
7. Cook further until the bottom turns golden.
8. Now, sprinkle paprika and parmesan cheese.
9. Transfer the content to the oven and cover it well. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
It is a amazing recipe! Try it now.