Vegetable Rice Porridge
Vegetable rice porridge is highly nutritious as it is made using rice and mashed vegetables. While rice is known to be extremely nutritious, vegetables enhance its nutritional quotient due to their high content of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin B complex, beta carotene, iron, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Ingredients: 5 tbsp. rice flour, 2-3 tsp. curd, 2 tbsp. mashed vegetables, ¼ tsp. cumin seeds, 3-4 curry leaves, 1 small piece of chilli, ½ tsp. grated ginger, ½ tsp. chopped coriander, 1 tsp. ghee, a pinch of hing, pinch of sugar, salt.
1. Take the curd in a bowl, add a cup of water and mix well to prepare buttermilk.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cumin seeds. Add hing, curry leaves, chilli and ginger and sauté for a few minutes. Note: Recommended for children usually above 1 year only.
3. Next add the buttermilk, sugar and salt. Mix well. Note: If baby is less than 12 months, add water instead of milk. If you have excess breastmilk, you can mix bm with the porridge just before feeding. Do not heat the breastmilk.
4. When the buttermilk starts bubbling, add the rice flour and stir well to prevent formation of lumps.
5. Keep the flame on medium and cook the mixture for about 2-3 minutes. Next, add the mashed vegetables and mix well.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the porridge for about 5 minutes on low flame.
Simple and easy recipe to have !