Veggie Mac and Cheese Soup
Veggie Mac and Cheese Soup is quite healthy and can be easily prepared at home. Macaroni is a prime ingredient which is a rich source of carbohydrates, magnesium and potassium. Chicken broth is also present which offers protein, calcium and iron.
Ingredients: Kosher salt, 4 ounces elbow macaroni, cooking spray, 2 plum tomatoes, 4 ½ inch-thick slices baguette, ground pepper, 2 shallots, 1 carrot, 1 stalk celery, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour, 3 ¾ cup chicken broth, 1 ½ cups milk, 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ grated parmesan cheese.
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees. Take a medium saucepan and add salted water. Boil it and add macaroni. Cook it as per directions given on the pack.
2. Mist a baking sheet using cooking spray and arrange tomato as well as baguette slices in a single layer.
3. Season it with salt and pepper. Bake the content until it turns golden.
4. Next step is to mince the shallots, celery and carrot in a food processor.
5. Mist a saucepan and add vegetables. Cook over medium flame for 4-5 mins.
6. Add flour and cook for another 2 mins.
7. Now, add the broth and bring it to boil. Cook with constant stirring until it grows thick (6-7 mins).
8. Next move is to add milk, macaroni and cheese. Wait for the cheese to melt. Season with pepper.
9. Top the toasts with tomatoes and serve along with the soup.
Try making it today!