Walnut Barfi is a super recipe for those who crave for a sweet dish. The preparation is not that complicated and can be easily prepared at home. Walnut is the prime ingredient which offers carbohydrates, calcium and Vitamin B-6. Moreover, coconut is present in the dish which offers Vitamin C, magnesium and iron.
Ingredients: 200gm walnuts, 1 cup sugar, ¼ tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp olive oil, few drops of essence, 1 tbsp coconut, pistachios for garnishing, 3 tbsp water.
1. This recipe requires soaking walnuts. Soak the walnuts for at least 2 hrs and drain off later.
2. Grind the walnuts in a mixer without adding any liquid.
3. Now, add sugar and water in a heavy bottom utensil. Cook the content until it reaches a proper consistency. Wait for the syrup to bubble up.
4. Next step is to add walnut paste, oil, cardamom powder and essence. Mix it well.
5. Cook the content on medium flame until it begins to leave the sides.
6. Cool down and knead it for a min. Make a square on a greased plate and sprinkle coconut as per your wish. Set aside for 5 min.
7. Cut them in any shape you want. Cool it off completely and store in air tight jars.
It is an interesting recipe which should be tried today!