Looking for something new to make with soaked rice and dal apart from the regular old dosas and idlis? Here’s a new recipe! Dal is rich in proteins while rice provides carbohydrates for renewed energy.
1 cup parboiled rice, 1 cup channa dal, 1 tbsp chopped dhania leaves, Water as needed, Salt to taste, Oil for frying
1. Wash and soak rice and channa dal together in sufficient amount of water for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain the water and grind the soaked dal with water to idly batter consistency.
3. Add chopped dhania leaves and salt to the batter.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, pour the batter directly into the oil.
5. The mixture automatically spread andpuffs up like poori. Deep fry both the sides till it changes it color. Transfer on to a paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot with tomato chutney or any curry.
A dish to delight - so cook up some yummy Dhuska today!