Yummy Sweet Potato Risotto
All needs a variation in food, healthy combination of a risotto is a delicious meal and is rich in carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals. It will help to stay healthy. Cheese is rich in calcium and vitamin B-12, sweet potato is rich in dietary fiber and carbohydrate. The combination makes this meal tasty and it will keep tummy full for long.
Ingredients: 1 medium onion, 2 tbsp butter, half cup rice, 3 cups hot water/vegetable stock, 1 sweet potato, half a tomato, half cup grated cheese.
1. Take one heavy bottom pan, add 1 tbsp butter in it, when the butter starts melting, add fine chopped onion and saute until soft and translucent on low-medium flame.
2. Now add rice and mix it well. Add hot boiled water and cover the pan till rice if half cooked. Check once if the rice is half done, add chopped sweet potato in it and cover with a lid.
3. Take another pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and add chopped tomato and cook it, till it gets soft and tender.
4. Add cooked tomato in to the cooked sweet potato rice and stir it properly.
5. Your dish is almost ready, now add grated cheese and allow it to melt. Give one or two stirs and mix it well. Turn off the gas.
Your yummy creamy sweet potato risotto is now ready. Serve once it becomes room temperature.
Note: Cook it slow or on low flame so that rice will cook on mashed consistency.