Yummy Velvety Sago Pudding
Sago (aka saboodana) is one of the best food for babies. It is rich in carbohydrates. It is also known as tapioca pearls. It is a wholesome food for your loved one as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbohydrates. You can prepare many dishes from sago. Here is one of them.
Ingredients: Full cream milk-4 cups, Sago- 1cup, Sugar- 1/2cup or as per your taste, Cardamom- 1/4tsb, Ghee- 1.5tsb, Saffron– a pinch, Mixed dry nuts- 2 tsb
1. Wash and soak sago for 30 minutes. But if you are using big variety sago then soak it overnight.
2. Drain all excess water from sago.
3. Take a small pan and pour ½ tsb ghee in it. Roast all the dry nuts in it.
4. Take a heavy bottom pan and pour milk in it. Keep it on the gas stove.
5. Take 2 tsb of warm milk and soak saffron in it.
6. When the milk boils, add the soaked sago in it and mix it properly. Now, pour 1 tsb of ghee in it.
7. Keep stirring until you the sago turns translucent and becomes soft. The stirring is essential as we can avoid the sago from sticking together into a clumpy mess.
8. When sago is cooked completely add sugar and saffron.
9. Turn off the gas and keep your pan down. Now, add cardamom powder into the pudding mix one more time and garnish it with the roasted nuts.
Your yummy sago pudding is now ready! Serve it warm for breakfast.
Note- You can substitute sugar with jaggery. If your kiddo is not comfortable with chewing the nuts properly, you can cut them into small pieces.