At this stage, your child is buzzing with curiosity and thus, has a tendency of putting anything and everything in his mouth.
Kids this age have bursts of energy and their curiosity is complete only when they touch, feel and put objects into their mouth. Choking on small items is one example and similarly, putting anything poisonous in the mouth is equally dangerous. Poison need not always be rat poison; medicines, chemicals, paints, and cosmetics are potential hazards for your toddlers if you don’t keep an eye on them.
Common poisons at home that can be harmful
• Liquor, alcohol bottles. • Cleaning liquids like phenyl and other strong liquids and powders.
• Bleaches, acids and disinfectants for your home, outdoors • Cleaning powders especially for drains.
• Kerosene, polishes, varnishes • Rat poisons • Cosmetics like nail paint removers, toluene, acetone etc.
• Cement , fertilizers • Industrial glue.
• Petrol • Washing detergents, liquids, stain removing acids • Air fresheners, naphthalene balls.
Watch out for these poisons at home and keep them away from your child. Always remember, it's better to be safe than sorry.