India’s first data driven social platform to enhance child growth and development during the critical stage of child development from birth date till 5 years!
Your Child's Security and Insecurities are Shaping up Now
At this age, your kid's personality is being moulded by his experiences. Some children are exposed to crises such as natural disasters, community violence, abuse, neglect, and separation from loved ones. Many young children experience the more common stresses of harassment from a sibling, rejection by peers, or adjusting to multiple caregivers. These are some elements that need to be highly avoided to ensure that your kid feels secure and confident.
Effects of negative events
These events can cause young children to feel vulnerable, worried, fearful, sad, frustrated, or lonely. Families and communities have a great influence on a child’s ability to be resilient. Children who demonstrate resilience come from families and communities that provide care and support, hold high expectations, and encourage participation.
Security is built when:
1. Adults provide responsive care to infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, children learn to trust others.
2. Children are held in expectations by their parents or other caregivers, they begin to believe in themselves and realize that they are capable.
3. Adults encourage children to participate in the family or classroom.
4. By giving your child responsibilities and offering your child choices about their environment, young children feel a sense of belongingness and competence.
5. They are provided with high-quality care, opportunities for developing and maintaining relationships, adequate nutrition, and sufficient support from families, educators, and communities.
6. These and other protective factors are in place, children experience positive development in all domains and have the internal adaptive resources to cope with trauma and stress they encounter.